Helen Withey – Full Time Dog Trainer and Behaviourist
All aspects of dog training, including one-to-one private tuition for problem dogs/owners, and individual health consultation and advice, she delivers lectures on animal health, nutrition and welfare. Her work includes writing an owner’s manual, which is nearing completion, on the healthy feeding of dogs, their general well-being and care. Many veterinarians frequently consult her through their veterinary practices for advice on the use of natural remedies and to help solve dog behaviour problems. Rescue work means she’s closely associated with animal rescue centres, including serving on the committee and assistance with fund-raising activities.
Assessing dogs for possible future work in drugs detection for H.M. Customs and Excise, and Identifying Pit Bull Terriers for the UK Police Force , thereafter giving evidence in court in defence of dogs involved in cases that fall under the Dangerous Dogs Act. Training disciplines include: Search and Rescue work, as well as a full time dog trainer. Working as the health coordinator for the The Toller Club of Great Britain.
Qualifications, achievements and personal life:
- Qualified as a Member of the British Institute of Professional Dog Trainers (Adv.), and appointed as a B.I.P.D.T Course Instructor and Member of the Board of Governors.
- Awarded Kennel Club Accredited Instructor KCAI CDA in 2005.
- Writtle College Lecturer on Canine Care Training and Management.
- Breeding Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers (Tollers), which have qualified for Crufts and been placed every year since 2004, including Reserve Best Bitch in 2005 and Best Bitch in 2008, and the same dog qualified in the Gamekeeper’s Class that year.
- Two Rottweilers work in Open Show Obedience classes. These Rottweilers and two Tollers work on the local shoot and have now been invited back for a fifth season of shooting.
- Judged the Kennel Club’s Good Citizen Bronze and Silver Awards.
- Judged at Obedience and Conformation (breed) shows.
- 2008 Cert Ed stage one PTTLS ( Preparing to teach in the life long learning sector) Which is a 7303 qualification.
Click here for Helen’s web site www.norfolkdogtraining.co.uk